Sunday 3 February 2013

About Me

Currently, I am a student at the University of Lethbridge, studying Kinesiology and Education.  I competitively compete in the strength sport of powerlifting, where my best lifts are a 705 squat, 364 bench, and a 601 deadlift (GPC 2012 Powerlifting Nationals).  I own a garage gym where I train powerlifters, strongmen, MMA athletes, and individuals looking to develop their weightlifting experience.  Presently, I am training for the GPC 2013 Powerlifting Nationals and the Cranbrook Strongman Classic. I utilize the Westside Conjugate System for training and nutrition principles of Carb-Back Loading to help achieve my personal weightlifting goals.

In the past, my main sport of focus was football. Since taking up the sport at age 11, I have been fortunate enough to play on various All-Star teams (Alberta Summer Games, Alberta North/South), and then proceeded to play two years at the junior level, for the South Surrey/Whiterock Big Kahuna Rams. Other sports I competitively played growing up were baseball, volleyball, lacrosse, and wrestling.
I believe that there is a sport/activity available for everyone to become actively involved in, no matter one’s age. Fitness is a crucial part of maintaining a happy and long life. My goal is to help promote the benefits of strength training and pass along all the knowledge I have obtained through my experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment